It is the goal of the Dutch Network of Women Professors foundation to promote an equal representation of women within the academic world. The foundation has affiliates to achieve this goal.
Definition: affiliates of the network are women professors and associate professors who, by uploading their profile to the LNVH website, have given permission to be added to the database.
Rights and obligations of affiliates and board
- Affiliates contribute to maintaining and expanding the network by informing newly appointed (or hitherto unknown) women professors/ associate professors of the existence of the network, and by forwarding their details to the board;
- The board will contact the women in question by sending information regarding the network;
- The board of the LNVH manages the database;
- Affiliates can express their desire to attend meetings of the board, while the board reserves the right to hold closed meetings;
- Women professors who are not affiliated can attend board meetings after three written requests are submitted by affiliates;
- Minutes of (non closed) meetings can be forwarded if so requested;
- The board is obliged to:
a. inform affiliated professors of new candidates in the event of (partial) changes to the board,
opposing candidates can be submitted if nominated by at least five affiliated (associate-)
b. strive to consult and, at the very least, timely inform affiliates of outgoing press releases.
- The board is obliged to consult affiliates over:
a. the amounts for donations;
b. changes in statutes;
c. the use of the database.
- Every year, the board will organise a meeting in which the board will account for its activities;
- Apart from the annual report, the following will be discussed:
a. current activities;
b. planned activities;
- The meetings will be announced on time, and held in an easily accessible location, at a pre-determined date and time;
- Affiliates will have plenty of opportunity to put forward items for the agenda;
- These meetings can be attended by non-affiliate professors and associate professors;
- Furthermore, the board can organise themed meetings, or other activities to accommodate the needs of its affiliates;
- If so requested, meetings can be organised to cater for certain groups within the network (e.g. groups of women within a certain discipline, or university).
- The board informs the affiliates on an annual basis, or as often as is necessary of the following:
a. the annual report;
b. information on activities that have been undertaken;
c. developments that have bearing on the network;
d. relevant publication, and suchlike;
e. announcements at the request of (one of) the affiliates;
- For its communication, the board will mainly use e-mail and the internet (website).
- Affiliates contribute financially by giving an annual donation to the network;
- The amount of the donation is set annually at a meeting of affiliates;
- The annual donation is by no means an obligation;
- The board of the foundation, as well as affiliates, receive a remuneration for costs incurred at the behest of the foundation. A written agreement has to be drawn up, beforehand.
The database (content and use)
- All personal details that are relevant to the network are recorded in the database (see profile on extranet);
- Additions to personal details in the database can be done in consultation with the affiliates (e.g. membership of public and/or academic committees/ boards);
- Excerpts can be forwarded to affiliates upon request;
- Third parties can only be given details if their intended use complies with the goals of the network, and after they have agreed that the details shall not be forwarded to others;
As determined by the board on the 7th of February 2002, web version March 2010