Why set up a network?
The goal of the Dutch Network of Women Professors is to promote equal representation of women within the academic community. The foundation aims to achieve this through:
- strengthening the links between women professors and associate professors in the Netherlands, inter-, as well as intradisciplinary and to give support in all activities surrounding professorships and associate professorships;
- promoting the rise of capable women to higher university positions, and to prevent their efflux;
- cooperation with organisations with comparable goals, in the field of academic research and education;
- striving for numerically proportionate representation of women in committees and advisory boards in the field of academic research and education;
- every other factor that contributes to achieving its goals, provided these are not contrary to Dutch Law or public order.