Why set up a network?
The goal of the Dutch Network of Women Professors is to promote and sustain equal representation of women in academia, to work towards the betterment of the position of women of all backgrounds and to push for an inclusive and safe academic community. The network aims to achieve this through:
- strengthening the links between women professors and associate professors in the Netherlands, inter-, as well as intradisciplinary and to give support in all activities surrounding professorships and associate professorships;
- promoting the rise of capable women to higher university positions, and to prevent their efflux;
- cooperation with organisations with comparable goals, in the field of academic research and education;
- striving for numerically proportionate representation of women in committees and advisory boards in the field of academic research and education;
- every other factor that contributes to achieving its goals, provided these are not contrary to Dutch Law or public order.